Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I didn't forget you, blog.

Kyle says there is no excuse for such blog laziness if I am not on vacation. He's right. Or should I say, you're right, because so far Kyle (you) is (are) still the only person who knows I have a blog.

I said I'd dedicate a post to him/you, but I don't have any interesting material, so instead I'll dedicate my new favourite word to you. I didn't make it up myself or anything, but the dedication is most sincere.
It also happens to be the

Accidentally discovered word of the day:

gaslight

(verb) : to drive someone insane by making them doubt their perceptions or memories

The term comes from "Gaslight," a 1944 movie in which a husband tries to drive his wife crazy by changing minor details in their house – including the brightness of the gas lights – and then insisting they've always been that way.
(Thanks, Merriam-Webster online!)

2 comments:

  1. March 2nd: International 'Dedicate It To Me' day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to whose time zone? Do I have to do it again tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete